Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 13 at the mall

I'm up again at the crack of dawn while the kids are still sleep I get some cleaning done, make breakfast and out the house I go. I don't know why it seems easier to leave while their sleep, but it does. I'm sure for them on the other hand they wake up and no momma is there. UGH...

I hitched a ride to the mall from a friend. As bad as this is, I know we will get through it. I just have this reoccuring thought...Why do I have a kiosk in the mall and ain't got no money???? Who does this, either I have strong faith, or I'm just crazy. Hopefully I will be able to answer that question in about 7 weeks.

I was thinking about this whole ordeal, and you know I just came up with this bright idea at the end of September and at that time had no clue what I was going to sell. I knew it would be in the t-shirt field because that's what I do, in a short amount of time I was able to come up with the entire concept. I called the mall to get pricing it was too expensive, so I ask about smaller spaces and the lady was able to give me a smaller space for less then half of the first quoted price. I then filled out my application, got an insurance policy and I submitted it. Upon approval I signed a lease....all without a dime.

I am a risk-taker and I don't mind loosing, but it's not gonna be because I didn't try my hardest or do my best. You remember the parable of the Talents in the Bible? Well, it's my favorite and I want to share it with you:

The parable tells of a master who was leaving his home to travel, and before going gave his three servants different amounts of money. On returning from his travels, the master asked his servants for an account of the money given to them. The first servant reported that he was given five talents, and he had made five talents more. The master praised the servant as being good and faithful, gave him more responsibility because of his faithfulness, and invited the servant to be joyful together with him.

The second servant said that he had received two talents, and he had made two talents more. The master praised this servant in the same way as being good and faithful, giving him more responsibility and inviting the servant to be joyful together with him.


The last servant who had received one talent reported that knowing his master was a hard man, he buried his talent in the ground for safekeeping, and therefore returned the original amount to his master. The master called him a wicked and lazy servant, saying that he should have placed the money in the bank to generate interest. The master commanded that the one talent be taken away from that servant, and given to the servant with ten talents, because everyone that has much will be given more, and whoever that has a little, even the little that he has will be taken away.

I pray that each of you reading this will be encouraged to use your gifts and talents. Began where you are!

With all of that said I've only sold 2 shirts today. It's okay, because I'm learning that this is a faith walk for me. I've never been on a faith walk before, but God wanted me to see this side of his grace. I'm learning that you don't always have to see where your foot will land before you pick it up, you just have to trust that when you put it down He's got a place for it to land.

Walking by Faith,
Boss Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment