Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 17 in the mall

It's Friday! Up again at the crack of dawn. I've decided not to complain anymore about the time I have to get up. Big O says that's a waste of a complaint. He tells me to save that complaint on something worth complaining about. As much as I wanna complain about not complaining, I agree with him.

Morning:
I get a call from Kelly around 8:00 this morning, and she just had me tickled. She is telling me about a bozo that is at a local show with her selling the same thing she's selling for about $4.50 cheaper. She is in an up roar. I can so sympathize with her because of the issue I had with the guy taking pictures. (I will tell you what happened with that later) I told you we were crazy, so we are thinking about diabolical ways to stop this bozo. All of which are either illegal, or not representing Christ...She decides to do what she does best and write, write letters to all involved and to some whoes not.

I've had a few sales today and as usual time is passing slowly by.

Afternoon:
It's been a steady day as far as sales are concerned. I'm looking around and as people are passing my kiosk and guess who I see coming toward me...KELLY and her hubby who I will call Big Mack. I was so happy to see them. I haven't seen her in some weeks now, and I was just thrilled to see her. They came toting kids, a box full of stuff that I requested for her to bring on her next trip here and car keys. Yes, Boss Momma said car keys. She drove an hour away to bring me their second car. I squeeze her close and hold it for a second. I reach and give Big Mack a hug too. Kiss and greet the kids, I'm in friend heaven.

Just in time I'm thinking, I have an order I have to do. I've been calling Big O asking when will you be here I have a shipment I have to have. He doesn't know when he can be here...Ugh. After Kelly and Big Mack leaves, I get the keys and rush out of the mall to go get this package. On my way back I have two missed calls from Kelly and a text. Her text says, she's at my booth taking orders. I'm cracking up because I thought she came back saw that I wasn't there and was messing with me. I called her back and was surprised to find out she really was taking orders. I rush back to fulfill the orders and say my goodbyes again.

About the guy who was wanting to open a kiosk next to me selling rhinestones. Well, I talk to the mall manager and he says it's not going to happen. He is not going to allow that guy to set up that close to me. He did give him other options of places he could be in the mall. The mall manager said as of yet het hasn't received a signed contract for him or his business. Whooo Hooo!

I'm excited, I have a car I can drive! I feel like a bird, who has been granted permission to fly.

More sales, and the day is finally over. I closed today with less orders than I did last Friday, but I'm okay with that. I understand people are just not into Christmas right now. I know I'm not.

The mall is close and I don't have to find a way home. I was so excited I stopped at the grocery store. I haven't been to the store in over a month. Big O has been picking up stuff here and there as we need it.

I'm tired so I talk a little to the kids and Big O and hit the sack.

On the Road again,
Boss Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment