Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 4 in the mall

A new day is before me, I will have high hopes of what this Saturday will bring. It's early and there are lots of people in the mall. Should be a great day.

  • Okay, it's now noon and no sales. I'm freaking out.
  • One o'clock and now I'm under complete attack...I've finally sold 1 thing and that's not good. I have got to get Kelly on the phone to help calm my nerves. Sending Kelly a text saying getting discouraged only sold one item today. She text back it will come. IT WILL COME!!! That's not what I want to hear. Kelly, I need some words of comfort here...please give me something more than that! I sent her a message back saying should have sold ornaments. To that she replies, day is not over. DAY IS NOT OVER. It's two o'clock and hundreds of people in the mall and I've only sold one item, the day is almost over!
  • It's now three o'clock and my ride text me to let me know she can't come get me she has a headache. You know what I want to say don't you....I'm so done! Hummm, and I wanna be BOSS MOMMA. I'm changing my title to broke down wanna be boss momma.
  • Okay it's now five o'clock and a few more sales have trickled in...not many. I made more during the week then I made on this packed Saturday. OMG, what have I done. I wanna quit, I wanna pack my stuff and leave the mall now! If it wasn't for all these people in here I would be bawling underneath this table. I'm in complete panic mode and don't know how to get myself together. My cell is ringing like crazy and I don't wanna talk to anybody, not even Big O, I'm mad, sad, and disappointed. Kelly did say it would be slow, but this is beyond slow.

My mall neighbor come over and we talked. I found out that they are christians, they were very encouraging. The lady ask if she could bless my business and I said yes of course. Is this God trying to build faith in me? Ugh, God why help me build faith now? You are God just give me faith and lets me move on.

As the night progressed I started thinking how can I push this helpless feeling inside of me out. I decided to list product on my website and eBay. I began to feel a little better when I started listing stuff. I felt like I was doing something instead of just sitting here.

I finally started thinking a bit more reasonable. I've been open 4 days and I'm upset and ready to close because sales aren't where I think they should be. It takes some businesses years to make money. This shows me I have a lot to learn. I'm all over the place emotionally and need to really get a grip.

It's closing time and Big O picked me up and yes I lit into him. I was still a little upset, well a lot upset because of today and I he knew it. He didn't say too much, just babe it's gonna be okay, I know your feeling down because you haven't done what you thought you should but it's okay.

I couldn't even bare talking to the kiddos so I gave kisses and hugs and said goodnight. I was up all night tossing and turning.

Sleepless in Cordova,

Boss Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment