Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 11 at the mall

Morning:
There are a lot of people here. In the back of my mind I hope some are here to purchase from me. I hear that today should be better than last week, and each weekend to come will be better than before. I'm so looking forward to it.

So far I've sold 6 shirts, looks like today is a lot better than last Saturday. Kelly, I have to say you're right. After shooting her a quick text message, I have a visitor. Let me give you a little background on this vistor before I tell you who she is. I have a friend who sent me a text message last Sunday or Monday. It was a very encouraging text and at the end she said if I was looking to hire someone her sister had been laid off and is need of a job, she has a degree in marketing. Hummmm, you all know I'm broke right. Scared and broke, I agree to to meet with the sister who I will call Shelly.

Shelly and I get to talking and boy do we hit it off. I tell her that I'm in business for myself because I think spending time with family is important. ( Don't say a work I know I'm gone all day, it's only for a short period of time) So I tell her that family is first, friendship is second, and business comes next. It is important to me, a lesson well taught by Kelly, to keep good relationships. I love Shelly's sister and after meeting Shelly, I can tell I was going to love her just as much. I don't want business to come between us. Family is also important and comes before any of this. Business is my passion and I also wanted her to know that too. After talking for an hour we agreed that she would start Monday the 23rd of November. I'm officially Boss Momma!

Afternoon:
I had 7 more sales by the end of the night and I'm tired. I've been on my feet most of the day and my feet are screaming. I'm going home and hit the sack.

Boss Momma for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment