Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 15 at the mall

Today starts off much better than yesterday. Big O decides no more of that not having a ride to work in the morning. He's gonna take me to work. The only thing is, he leaves at 7:00 in the morning the mall doesn't open until 10:00. Grudgingly I get ready and go. At the mall at 7:15, I'm one of the only people here, but I'm here!

I had my first three sells within the first 1 1/2 of opening. I'm grateful! I have tons of stuff to do to get ready for holiday weekend, so I plan on cutting out all my letters, working on some way to get all my shirts to fit in this small space.

After a few hours of cutting and putting away product, I start rolling up tshirts and stacking them under the table. I laid some plastic down and order them by size. Wow, I'm able to put more than 50 of each size under there.

Afternoon:
I had a gentleman come over and ask some questions about how business was going. After a little converstion I went to sit down and he began snapping pictures. I tell him I'm uncomfortable with that. He tells me he's going to send them to his wife. He finally tells me he's wanting to open up a kiosk near mine selling you guessed it rhinestone t-shirts. ERRRRR! Not with a smiling face.... He only wants to be in here on the weekend, he says he doesn't have time to fool with the Monday- Thursday crowd. I prayed and this is how it went. Lord, I wish he and his family all the best! I pray you bless his business and all that his hand touches...but if they get a spot next to me I pray that people skip their kiosk and come to mine, I pray that I have favor with you and your people, I pray that they don't make a dime while next to me, and I ask all these things in YOUR NAME JESUS! AMEN.

I've sold 4 more shirts and the day is just about over. I began cleaning up my area, and this tired chick is headed for home.

The kids are on a bowling league and I have a precious friend who has volunteered to pick them up every Wenesday and drop them off. That was a huge blessing for me! The kids are in my room again tonight and the first thing they tell me about is their bowling. Mz. Chocolate bowled a 101. Wow, she has finally made it over the 100 mark...and that's without bumpers. Lia Pooh, that's another story... she just likes to have fun. Bud, is pretty good. He's been averaging about 180.

No school work tonight I'm too tired. Off to bed we go. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Satan I can not be shaken!
Boss Momma

1 comment:

  1. omg! you have me so tickled by this post. that prayer is too funny and i can hear you saying it. i'm so happy and proud of you for stepping out like this. next you'll have a cute storefront. i'll miss you at the meeting tomorrow. i'll come visit your kiosk soon with intent to purchase, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete