Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 6 in the mall

Morning:
Today, is my Brownie's birthday. I got off at 4:30 this morning. I tried to stay up to tell her happy birthday before she left, but that didn't happen.

Got up around 9:00 fixed breakfast for the kids threw a load in the washer and hopped myself in the shower.

Laptop bag check, purse check, cell phone check, oh, I forgot my sweater wrap. Got it. On my my way to the mall to put in my 11 hours. As promised my husband had someone pick me up. Riding to work I wanted to cry. I wanted to be the first to tell Brownie happy birthday. I love making their day special. My heart is sinking with guilt, I promise, I will make this up to her!

Afternoon:
Only one item sold today, but I'm cool with that. I really don't know how to answer people when they say how are things going. Hummm, should I say not well, well but could be better, or it's going? Should I speak christiany? Speaking those things that aren't as though they were. I give up don't know what to say.

This was my prayer to God this morning. Remember when I was going through that really tough part of my life, and you told me If I trusted you that I would not be disappointed. Well, I'm a need something like that right now. I'm gonna to put ALL my faith in you and I'm gonna trust that you will work this out for our family. I thought this was going to be a business walk, not a spiritual walk. Boy, was I wrong.

The day flew by. I only had 3 1/2 hours sleep last night and had to be up all day so it took all that I had to stay up today.

I started purchasing Christmas gifts earlier this year, so Mz. Chocolate called and ask if she could give Brownie one of the gifts I'd purchased earlier. Great idea Mz. Chocolate sure you can I told her. See, I'm telling you she is thoughtful! The little girls wrapped the gift and gave it to Brownie as her birthday gift. She was thrilled.

I get home and Brownie is gone. She has went to dinner with her "Friend" ugh. I stay up until she gets home. She's here and with a big hug I finally wish her happy 16th birthday. This is horrible 10:00 pm and I'm just now wishing her a happy birthday. She was excited her "Friend" had gotten her a cute jacket, and a necklace. I have to process that one...Anyway, she said nothing about not getting anything or not being able to celebrate her birthday. She just smiled and said she had a really good day. She looked so pretty, she had her make-up on and her hair down. It's a beauty that makes your heart smile.

Her smiling, made me feel good. Her lack of attention she gave to the obvious was overwhelming. She smiled as she told us about her well, I guess I could say it...date. That word was really hard to get out. My little Brownie is growing up.

Another night spend talking laughing and socializing on my bed. That seems to be the nightly trend now. I like it and I wouldn't wanna change a thing.

Wishing you a sweet 16 Brownie,
Boss Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment